- Elected Representatives
- City Council
- City Financials
- City Staff
- City Town Statistics
- Works Information
Solid Waste Management
Solid Waste Management
Solid Waste management is one of the important obligatory functions of ULBs. Maximum number of staff of the ULBs and requires every day attention and care, there is no single standard / norm(s) or practice(s) applicable to urban areas for effective functioning of this core service. As the collection of Solid waste differs from city to city, ULBs have to choose between various options available to them depending upon local conditions, users, fiscal capacity, infrastructure development, population size and other factors.
Implementation of Solid Waste Management in Urban Local bodies In Karnataka
A Policy on Integrated Solid Waste Management was adopted by the State in 2004. Pursuant to Supreme Court's guidelines and Municipal Solid Waste (Management and Handling) Rules 2000, mode of treatment and landfill operation to be carried out in landfill sites.
The objective is to develop and implement scientific & sustainable methods for Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) comprising of segregation, storage. collection, transportation, treatment and disposal of waste by proper utilization of resources (men, money and materials) in Urban Local Bodies of the state, as per the provisions of MSWM Rules 2000 and state policy.
Funds were made available under 11th Finance and 12th Finance Commissions for purchase of land, funds were released under 13th Finance and SFC grants for the development of landfill site, procurement of tools, equipments & vehicles and IEC activities.
The objective is to ensure Clean & Safe Environment through systematic collection, transportation & disposal of waste in ULBs
Important steps of SWM programme:
- Segregation & Storage of waste at source
- Door to Door collection
- Street Sweeping
- Secondary Collection
- Secondary Transportation
- Scientific Treatment
- Safe disposal of waste
The major activities taken up under implementation of ISWM
- Procurement of land for landfill site.
- Development of landfill site, i.e. formation of internal and external approach roads, Fencing/compound wall construction, drilling of bore well, construction of watchman shed, plantation of trees, development of waste processing and disposal facilities etc.
- Procurement of tools, equipment & vehicles as per the approved Action plans which are required for ISWM implementation.
- Carrying out IEC activities through selected NGOs, to create awareness among the general public about SWM.
- Development of centralized/decentralized composting units with the help of SHGs/ RWAs/ NGOs/ ULB staff.
SWM Details of CMC ,Bidar
SWM Action Plan of Bidar CMC
Activities under SWM
Door to Door collection
Scenario of SWM Status
Status of Landfill site
Procurement of tools, equipment & vehicles
IEC Activities (Information Education Communication)
Details and Activities carried out under SWM component at City Municipal Council, Bidar.